Hopkinson House AmenitiesHopkinson House offers a wide range of modern amenities and conveniences to its residents while also being located within America’s most historic square mile.
Because of its ideal location, the building provides panoramic city skyline vistas or tree-top views overlooking Washington Square and the streets of Society Hill.
Some of the amenities include 24-hour doorman service, indoor secure parking, a rooftop (seasonal) pool, and a spacious up-to-date laundry room.
The building also offers a variety of in-house activities including an exercise class, a book club, political discussion groups, a speakers’ series, seasonal holiday parties, and courtyard concerts. A spacious rooftop solarium may rented to accommodate parties or other events.
Hopkinson House is located in an area that has easy access to public transport, coffee shops, art galleries, theaters, museums and concert venues. Steps away are food markets, restaurants, liquor stores, pharmacies, hospitals, medical offices, and specialty shops.
Helpful Telephone Numbers
|Resident Services Desk||215 923-1776|
|Lobby Desk/Doorman/Cab Service||215 925-2680|
|Hopkinson House Garage||215 574-8321|
|Market at Hopkinson House
|M's On The Square Salon||215 922-9768|
|Washington Square Dental Group||215 627-0777|
|Washington Square Chiropractic Center||215 925-8005|
|PNC Bank/Hopkinson House Branch||CLOSED|
|Washington Square Pharmacy||215 925-0300|
For more information about the businesses located at Hopkinson House, including their regular hours of operation, please click here.
Resident Lobby ServicesFront Desk Services - 24-hour service
- Screens and announces all visitors;
- Checks all resident entry permits;
- Dispenses keys, as appropriate;
- Documents on Incident Report Forms any pertinent or emergency situation;
- Records all work order requests;
- Handles extermination requests;
- Dispenses and obtains signatures for packages, special mail, carts, keys, flowers, etc.;
- Schedules, confirms and collects monies for all moves-in/out;
- Maintains reservation book; processes contracts and deposits for Solarium scheduling;
- Ensures all building and individual owner contractors are registered, issued badges, and have filed all appropriate forms before beginning work.
- Knows all emergency, building, fire and safety procedures, including public address system;
- Responds and handles fire emergency alarms.
Doorman Services - 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Greets and opens the door for residents and visitors;
- Assists residents and visitors in and out of building with packages, luggage, taxis, etc.;
- Screens persons entering building to determine suitability and observes pedestrians in immediate area of the building in order to report any suspicious activities that may occur;
- Calls and arranges for emergency vehicles when appropriate and prioritizes duties in an emergency situation.
The Front Desk will sign for all packages and deliveries. Please make arrangements to pick up your USPS, UPS, FedEx, overnight packages and all other deliveries within 24 hours of their arrival. Large packages will be taken up to your unit by a staff member if they are not picked up within 8 hours. We are unable to hold packages for extended lengths of time. Please make arrangements to pick up your deliveries promptly. HHOA is not responsible for loss or damage to packages delivered to the building.
The front-desk staff do not accept deliveries of dry cleaning, furs or any hanging clothing. Please make arrangements to have these items delivered directly to your unit when you are at home. Staff members will not accompany them to your unit.
The front-desk staff is prohibited from holding cash for residents. Payment arrangements for housekeepers, contractors, vendors, etc. must be made by the residents directly with their service people. Hopkinson House will not be responsible for cash left at the front desk.
Plans (PDF Files)
|Small Efficiency - 415 sq
Unit Number 13
|Small 1-Bedroom - 778 sq ft
Unit Number 15
|Large 1-Bedroom - 1063 sq
Unit Number 12
|Regular Efficiency - 450
Unit Numbers 1 and 18
|Small 1-Bedroom - 843 sq ft
Unit Numbers 8 and 10
|Large 1-Bedroom - 1063 sq
Unit Number 14
|Studio - 600 sq ft
Unit Numbers 4 and 6
|Medium 1-Bedroom - 1003 sq
Unit Number 5
|2-Bedroom - 1200 sq ft
Unit Number 2 and 3, 16 and 17
|Small 1-Bedroom - 778 sq ft
Unit Numbers 9 and 11
|Medium 1-Bedroom - 1003 sq
Unit Number 7
|3-Bedroom - 1700 sq ft
Unit Numbers 2 and 16
RETURN TO TOP
Hopkinson House Swimming Pool
The pool will reopen on Saturday May 25, 2013. Membership information, hours, rules and regulations will be available the first week in May.
Hours: May 25 through September 3, 2013Monday through Friday: 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Saturday, Sunday and Holidays: 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday: 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Hours: September 3 through September 30, 2013
Saturday and Sunday: 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
September hours are contingent upon the availability of lifeguards.
On days of inclement weather, pool hours will be determined by the Management Office.
1. Guest privileges are extended to pool members as follows:
a. Monday through Friday – unlimited guests per unit are permitted to accompany a pool member at $7.50 per guest.
b. Weekends and Holidays – 4 guests per unit are permitted to accompany a pool member at $7.50 per guest. Pool members who purchase at least ten guest passes at one time will pay $5.00 per pass. There will be no refunds for unused guest passes.
c. Residents, instead of becoming a full season member, you may opt to purchase a Daily Pool Pass for use of the pool at $10.00 per person for a one-day use.
2. Memberships, guest tickets and daily pool passes may be purchased in the accounting office on the lobby level during regular business hours. Payment is to be made by check or money order, payable to the Hopkinson House Owners’ Association. PLEASE, NO CASH.
Please note that pool memberships will not be processed on weekends. Pool membership applications may be left at the Resident Services Desk after 5:00 p.m. and on weekends. Guest tickets and daily passes may be purchased evenings and weekends at the Resident Services Desk.
POOL MEMBERS MUST SIGN IN THEIR GUESTS AND REMAIN WITH THEIR GUESTS AT THE POOL
1. Boisterous conduct, ball playing or unruly behavior, as may be determined by the lifeguards, is prohibited and may result in the loss of pool privileges.
2. Children who are in diapers or who are not fully toilet trained are prohibited from using the pool. NO EXCEPTIONS.
3. No wading pools may be brought to the pool area.
4. No glass containers of any kind (including sun tan oil and lotion dispensers) are allowed in the pool area. No alcoholic beverages are allowed in the pool area.
5. No radios or televisions are permitted in the pool area without earphones.
6. Furniture may not be placed in a position that the lifeguard would consider an obstruction to the passage or safety of pedestrians or swimmers.
7. Diving is not permitted.
8. No one is permitted in the common areas, including the elevator, in swim attire or with bare feet. Cover ups must be worn over swim suits.
9. Eating is permitted in the seating area on the pool deck and at the tables. Please dispose of your trash in the receptacles provided.
10. Lap lanes are reserved for lap swimming and may not be used for dipping or lounging. A lap lane is to be used by only one swimmer at a time. Lap swimming is limited to 30 minutes per individual from the hours of 5:30 to 9:00 p.m. daily and on weekends and holidays. FLOTATION DEVICES ARE NOT PERMITTED IN THE LAP LANES AT ANY TIME.
11. Hopkinson House is a smoke-free environment. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the premises.
Membership Regulations and Rules of Behavior are designed to ensure that everyone may have the utmost enjoyment of the pool.1. All pool users must have their membership badges displayed at all times.
2. Only pool members and their guests or residents who have purchased a daily pool pass may use the pool facilities.
3. Both owners in good standing with the Association, and tenants of such owners, may join the pool under separate membership. Good standing is defined as being in compliance with Association Rules and Regulations and current with regard to Association fees and other charges due to the Association.
4. Children 12 years of age and younger (whether or not they use the pool) must be accompanied at all times by an adult member, 18 years or older. An adult member must accompany any child under the age of 10 into the pool.
5. Pool membership is not transferable or refundable.
6. There will be a separate sign in sheet that pool members must use to sign in their guests and members must add their pool membership number to the sheet.
HHOA COUNCIL APPROVAL
The 2013 Pool Membership Rules and application have been reviewed and approved by the HHOA Council.
The lifeguard on duty is empowered to interpret and enforce compliance with the Rules and to eject those in violation of the Rules. Violation of the Rules may result in suspension of pool privileges.
Life Guards for the 2012 Season
|Lou DiDomenic - Head Guard||Kathryn Ross|
|Christian Gunsenhouser||Aja Uhlman|
|Elizabeth Cooper||Erica Ungarini|
|Tylar Colleluori||Leif Uhlman|
For the Hopkinson House Pool Membership Application, please click here.
RETURN TO TOP
Parking GarageHopkinson House contracts with AMPCO System Parking/Five-Star Parking to operate the Parking Garage.
Monthly parking is available to Hopkinson House residents. The resident monthly parking fee is $150.00. Please contact the Garage Manager to arrange for monthly parking.
Guest passes are available at $10.00 per pass and can be purchased directly from the Garage Manager. The passes are valid for parking during the following days and times:
Monday through Thursday (13 hours maximum) 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
Friday through Monday (24 hours maximum) 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m.
Cars entering the garage before 5:00 p.m. or leaving after 6:00 a.m. will be charged the posted rate for the time difference.
Cable TV Service
Hopkinson House contracts with Comcast to provide digital television service to the building. This service includes over 100 channels of TV programming, 46 music channels and 8 HBO channels. Also included are 2 remotes and 2 digital converter boxes per unit.
This type of bulk subscription is different from a conventional residential subscriber account. Therefore, residents of Hopkinson House need to use a special telephone number to contact Comcast for all account servicing.
Comcast Contact Information For Hopkinson House Residents:
Comcast MDU Bulk Account Care Line
Monday through Friday 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Residents can use the regular Comcast toll-free number 1-800 COMCAST (1-800 266-2278), which is available 24-hours, 7 days a week to report service problems or a service outage.
For Comcast Internet support, residents should call 1-877 637-3126. This number is available 24-hours, 7 days a week.
At the east end of the Hopkinson House Solarium is the
Library, serving as a meeting room, reading room,
conference room, and quiet room. The room's shelves are lined with
books donated by Hopkinson residents. There is also an outlet available
for laptop computers.
The bookshelves hold art, history, mystery, philosophy, theology, sociology, politics, business and economics, biography, poetry, medicine. You'll find the "great books," the classics, the pot-boilers, in paperback and hardcover.
There is no charge-out system or any inventory catalog. There is no time-limit on borrowed books. A long-time resident currently serves as a volunteer librarian.The room is open daily from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
There are 16 standard size, 2 double-load, and 1 triple-load washers. For drying, there are 16 standard and 4 commercial size machines available. The manufacturer of the new LG front- loading washers recommend that you use 1/8 of a cup of High Efficiency (HE) liquid detergent in the washers. If you choose to use the vending machine boxes of powdered detergent available in the laundry room, use no more than 1/2 a box per load and add fabric softener.
For your convenience, there are large folding tables, rolling chrome laundry baskets, a detergent vending machine, magazine racks, a community bulletin board and ample seating.
For safety and efficiency, all machines are activated by smart cards (added-value cards). Two card dispensers are conveniently provided by the Coinmach Company (www.coinmach.com).
The well-lit room has 24-hour camera surveillance for security.
RETURN TO TOP